When I started Fluffed Up I thought it would be great because I could make my own hours and do all the things. It has been almost 7 months since I started thinking about this business and my house is now coated in a fine mist of flour and sugar. Why do my speakers no longer work? Yup, the sugar got in there. Why is my already limited wardrobe getting even smaller? Apparently cocoa powder stains…who knew! And as someone that has been evacuated, quarantined and almost hosed down by firemen because of white powder, you’d think I wouldn’t carry a baggy of powdered sugar and cornstarch with me almost constantly. If it were the 80s I bet our friends would be questioning my extracurricular activities.
Good thing I have an easy going husband! In honor of my attempt make sure that veggies outweigh the sugar in our house I’m going to post one of my go to easy dinner. I know that tomatoes are technically a fruit, and basil doesn’t count as a green, especially when it is pestoed. But it looks green, so that counts, right?
No Cook Caprese Lasagna
I just have one quick PSA. Do not use ‘no boil’ lasagna noodles, they did not enjoy my attempt at boiling them and all ended up sticking together. Oops! Other than that this recipe was so easy! The amounts below are all approximate, I made enough for two people for dinner and a few leftover lunches increase/reduce as you see fit.
12 lasagna noodles, boiled
Tomatoes, sliced (I used about 4)
Sliced mozzarella (a pound or more)
1. Take a noodle and spread a little pesto on half of it and fold the un-pestoed part over to make it a pesto sandwich.
3. Take the pesto noodle-wich and place it on top of two slices of tomato (or more if they are small)
4. Next, make a layer of mozzarella (I used 1 1/2 to 2 pieces).
5. Make another pesto noodle-wich and place it on top.
6. Repeat steps 1-4 and top with extra pesto.