Happy Monday! I was tagged by Tracey at Tj’s Test Kitchen to take part in this question list. It is a fun way to get to know other bloggers and to do something a little different from the same old routine.
Ok so let's get to it! It has RULES and everything! I also need to TAG a few peeps...so make sure you scroll down to see if you are "IT"
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
So here we go ....
Beth's Random 11:
1. I love trashy TV-I watch all of the Real Housewives
2. I have good skin but I don’t deserve it-everyone else seems to take so much better care of theirs!
3. I am in the middle of reading about 7 books. Some have been on hiatus for over 2 years!
4. When I was a kid I was stung by a hive of wasps. My mom said that I looked like yogi bear in the cartoons. I still have one scar.
5. I always wanted curly hair growing up. I finally got permission to get a perm but my hair dresser he told me that I already had curly hair. He proceeded to cut it differently so that it was curly. I wish I had straight hair.
6. I order grilled cheese almost every time it is on a menu. (even if it is on the kid’s menu)
7. I’m starting to learn HTML-so if you see something wonky on the blog it means I messed something up!
8. I’m beginning to coupon too. Are there any good places to go for coupons?
9. I’m addicted to the library-the deadline helps me finish a book and I need all the help I can get! (see #3)
10. I always miss the big snowstorms-I was snowed into Canada in 8th grade, I spent a semester in Sweden and my college had a snow day, I moved to Colorado and DC gets snowmaggedon and now I move to DC and Colorado gets record snow fall…If you hate snow move near me!
11. I collect Starbucks Christmas mugs. Unfortunately I lost the 2011 mug during the move. I guess I should clean the house again, it has got to be here somewhere!
My answers to TJ's questions:
1. Favorite holiday?
Christmas-we got married two days after Christmas so the whole season seems romantic and magical to me now.
2. What is the best gift you ever given to someone?
I got Dan tickets to a Redskins game, his first NFL game and his favorite team
3. Who taught you to cook?
My mom and Dad. Each had different specialties and taught me different parts of cooking
4. Any ingredient that scares you?
Meats-I’m just starting to get comfortable with cooking meats and seafood
5. What city/state were you born in?
Washington, DC-I used to work with kids and try to stump them by telling them that I was not born in one of the 50 states and make them figure out where I was from.
6. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
Ice cream, especially if it is from Sweet Action
7. What flavors/toppings?
Depends on who makes it. Salted Butterscotch, Vanilla Bean (not french vanilla) or vegan Colorado peach (made with coconut milk…so good)
8. If you could play with a toy from your childhood today- what would it be?
Probably my cabbage patch kid. I loved them!
9. Got a nickname?
Beth-my full name is Elizabeth and my mom was so disappointed when I shortened it, but what first grader wants to spell out a nine letter name if they don’t have to!
10. How long does it take you to take a shower & get ready to start your day?
30 minutes or less. Years of early morning swim practice made me really efficient with my morning routine.
11. Are you afraid of any animals?
Nope-although if I saw a polar bear in the wild I’d be really scared, and dead.
1. Shannon at Sweaty Girl
5. Lisa at Lisa’s Dish Diary
8. Jen at Jennifer Parke Photography
9. Kelly at Kelly Bakes
10. Kirsten at My Kitchen In the Rockies
Questions for the tagees:
1. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee? Tea? Smoothie? Something else?
2. What do you listen to in the car?
3. Beach or Mountains?
4. What is your funniest high school/college memory?
5. What was the last book that you read?
6. What’s your favorite comfort food
7. Why did you start your blog?
8. What magazines do you read regularly?
9. What is your favorite type of wall decoration? (paintings, B&W photos, Vacation shots…etc.)
10. What’s your favorite color?
11.What do you like most about where you live?
Thank you all in advance for playing along! :) Come back & tell me when you post so I can come by to read your answers!