( Well hello there, shapeless blob. What could you be? A meatball, perhaps?) or perhaps dog leavings?
Mashed Honey Sweet Potatoes (and Squash)
Adapted from Cooking Light
Active Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min.
Dish Usage: Low
(Tom Colicchio thinks that the flavors were well balanced, but it was visually unattractive and poorly plated.)Ingredients:
6 lbs sweet potatoes (or 3 lbs sweet potatoes and 1 butternut squash, if you’re me)
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 deg F
2. Peel the sweet potatoes (and squash) and cut into 1 inch cubes
3. Roast sweet potatoes (and squash) on a greased cookie sheet for 50 min.
4. Put potatoes through a ricer if desired.
5. Throw potatoes into a mixing bowl with butter, honey, and all spices, and blend until smooth.
6. Enjoy pumpkiny/sweet potatoey/squashy deliciousness.
Nutritionals: 195 calories, 3.9 g fat, 39.8 g carb, 2.3 g protein, 4.9 g fiber