I’ve been pulling recipes from Real Simple for years now and one of the old recipes I pulled is for Lemony Shrimp with Beans and couscous. This recipe does call for a few pats of butter so it’s not totally calorie friendly! But, if you reduce the butter I think it would taste just as good. Yum!
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- 3 T butter
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 15.5 ounce can rinsed cannellini beans
- 1/2 c fresh parsley
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous and 1/4 t salt. Cover and let sit off the heat for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Heat 1 T of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and stir until they turn opaque and pink. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice the remaining butter and 1 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Cook until it is heated through. This should take about 3 minutes.
I had about a quarter of the shrimp mixture but only an eighth of the couscous. This helped reduce the calories! I wanted to lick my plate when I finished. It was so good!
Nutritionals: Cals: 395, Fat: 11.1, Carbs:40 ,Fiber: 6.2, Protein: 32.7.